Join long-time Rider contributor Scott “Bones” Williams on the Adriatic Moto Tours Sardinia and Corsica – Riders’ Heaven tour, scheduled for October 15-23, 2022. Read on for tour details, or click here to visit the tour page.
The mountainous, rugged islands of Sardinia and Corsica, situated in the Mediterranean Sea west of Italy, have some of the best roads, best scenery, and most unique culture in all of Europe.
Hilly and curvy, with a very jagged coastline and craggy rock formations, Sardinia is the second largest island in the Mediterranean (after Sicily) and is an autonomous region of Italy. It offers thrilling views while riding perfect bends of never-ending seaside cliff roads. Its rugged landscape is dotted with thousands of nuraghi – mysterious Bronze Age stone ruins shaped like beehives. Not to mention a scattering of Roman ruins, Pisan churches, and Spanish Baroque architecture.
A ferry crossing reaches French Corsica, serving up more twists and turns as the roads wind their way through pine-forested hills and small villages.
This nine-day tour includes six riding days (covering a total of 850 miles) and one rest day (in Alghero, Sardinia) bookended by travel days. Here’s a day-by-day itinerary:
Day 1: Welcome to Sardinia!
Day 2: Olbia – Ajaccio
Day 3: Ajaccio – Corte
Day 4: Corte – Bonifacio
Day 5: Bonifacio – Alghero
Day 6: Rest day in Alghero
Day 7: Alghero – Cala Gonone
Day 8: Cala Gonone – Olbia
Day 9: Flight home from Olbia
Pricing starts at 3,580 euros (approx. $3,640) for a rider on a rental motorcycle sharing a double room – or 2,990 euros (approx. $3,040) if riding your own motorcycle. Single-room occupancy, higher-spec motorcycles, a passenger, and other upgrades are extra. See tour page for full details and pricing.
The price includes:
- Late model motorcycle with lockable hard luggage and tankbags, plus third-party liability insurance and comprehensive vehicle insurance
- Experienced guide on a motorcycle
- Support van for luggage, souvenirs, and one or two passengers
- Eight nights accommodation in quality (mostly 4-star) hotels
- Eight breakfasts in the hotel
- Seven dinners, mostly in traditional local restaurants
- All (two) ferry rides and tolls
- Airport transfers up to five days prior to the tour start, on the last day of the tour, and one day after the tour
- Entrance fees to museums (according to tour program)
- All maps with marked routes for the region being toured
- Extensive tour booklet
- GPS with all the daily routes uploaded
Not included in the price:
- Air ticket, dinners on rest days, most lunches, drinks, gasoline, personal spending, tips.
If you’re ready for a unique motorcycle adventure, sign up now! Click here for more info and to book the tour.