Progressive IMS Outdoors, the nation’s leading motorcycle tour connecting enthusiasts with a wide array of Powersports brands, today announced the dates and locations of its 2022 tour. Produced with Progressive Insurance as the title sponsor for the 13th consecutive year, the eight-city series will revisit three markets that hosted the indoor version of the International Motorcycle Shows (Colorado, Arizona, and New York) and return to five markets that IMS Outdoors visited last year (Chicago, Pennsylvania, Atlanta, Northern California, and Southern California).
Tickets will go on sale on March 24 at motorcycleshows.com.
Heading into the sophomore year, the experience-focused event will bring back the popular two-wheel and four-wheel demo programs, eBikes, shopping, custom and vintage bikes, and music, while also offering more chances for enthusiasts to engage with brands and their riding community, from ride-ins and races to speakers and charitable efforts.
“The launch of IMS Outdoors was an exciting challenge that armed us with learnings we look forward to applying on the 2022 tour, including an expansion of the highly successful demo program, growing our electric footprint, and adding more experience-focused offerings,” said Tracy Harris, SVP of Progressive IMS Outdoors. “The Powersports industry is amid a transformative period in time as new brands emerge, such as bespoke and electric companies, and we welcome an all-new generation of riders. We are so proud to cater our event to the changing needs of the industry and reunite everyone from new riders and kids to life-long enthusiasts.”
2021 Tour Results:
- More than 35,000 motorcycle demo rides were taken across the eight-city tour
- Nearly half, 44%, of attendees were new to riding or prospective riders; IMS is a catalyst for industry-wide growth and is driving new customers for exhibitors and event sponsors
- The introduction of SxS and eBike demos were well-received and indicated the community’s growing interest in adjacent products
- Influenced by IMS’ award-winning Discover The Ride program, three different programs put more than 1,600 adults and teens on a motorcycle for the first time
- Nearly 1,700 kids rode two-wheeled balance and battery-operated bikes with Strider, Harley-Davidson, and Husqvarna
Harris continued: “We could not be more excited to announce this year’s tour schedule, which was built in partnership with the industry’s leading OEMs. Our team is working diligently to produce an even more robust event that brings the love of riding to life and look forward to sharing more details regarding activations and participating brands with our community soon.”
IMS 2022 Schedule:
The Ranch Events Complex
June 17-19, 2022
June 24-26, 2022
September 16-18, 2022
- NEW YORK
The Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum
September 23-25, 2022
September 30 – October 2, 2022
- NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
Santa Mateo County Event Center
October 21-23, 2022
Westworld of Scottsdale
October 28-30, 2022
- SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
OC Fair & Event Center
November 4-6, 2022
Tickets go on sale March 24 – save the date on your calendar and visit motorcycleshows.com for more information on the 2022 tour.
Follow Progressive IMS Outdoors on social to join the conversation #IMSOutdoors #RidersUnite