Hooligans, rejoice! The third-generation 2019 Ducati Hypermotard has gotten a design refresh that includes a lighter curb weight, more power and a new throttle-by-wire system.
The 937cc Testastretta 11-degree twin gets new pistons with a 13.3:1 compression ratio (previously 12.6:1), new exhaust cam profiling and a new exhaust system with twin under-seat silencers. The result is a claimed increase of four horsepower, for a peak of 114 at 9,000 rpm.
A new 53mm throttle body feeds the beast, and other changes include lighter clutch and alternator covers, a lighter gear shift drum, an aluminum chain tensioner and magnesium cam covers.
Frame and Ergonomics
A new steel trellis frame with tapered tubing weighs 2.2 pounds less than before, and a redesigned rear subframe that tapers more where it attaches to the main frame results in a 2-inch-lower seat height.
Overall weight reduction from the previous model is 8.8 pounds (6.6 pounds for the up-spec SP model).
- 4.3-inch TFT display
- Compact LED headlight assembly with DRL
- Throttle-by wire with three ride modes: Sport, Touring and Urban
- NEW fully adjustable 45mm Marzocchi fork with 6.7 inches of travel (standard model)
- Adjustable Sachs shock with 5.9 inches of travel (standard model)
- Fully adjustable 48mm Öhlins fork with 7.3 inches of travel (SP model)
- Fully adjustable Öhlins shock with 6.9 inches of travel (SP model)
- Dual 320mm front brakes with Brembo M4.32 4-piston radial monobloc calipers
- Single 245mm rear disc with single-piston Brembo caliper
- Bosch Cornering ABS EVO with Ducati Traction Control (DTC)
- Ducati Wheelie Control (DWC) EVO
- Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) up/down EVO (standard on the SP, optional on regular model)
- Optional Ducati Multimedia System (DMS)
U.S. pricing and availability are TBD.