Reminder that Monday June 17, 2013, is International Motorcycle & Scooter Ride to Work Day. This is the 22nd annual event, which is held annually on the third Monday of June and dates back to its origin in 1992. Ride To Work advocates and supports the use of motorcycles for transportation, and provides information about transportation riding to the public.
Organizers encourage riders to ride their motorcycle or scooter on this day to demonstrate:
- The number of motorcyclists to the general public and to politicians.
- That motorcyclists are from all occupations and all walks of life.
- That motorcyclists can reduce traffic and parking congestion in large cities.
- That motorcycles are for transportation as well as recreation.
- That motorcycling is a social good.
Learn more at ridetowork.org.