Indian Motorcycle challenges die-hard Chicago area riders to show their true colors and sign up and suit up for the “Dark Horse Challenge Ride.” The roughly 5-mile ride through the heart of Chicago and down Michigan Avenue will take place on Friday, February 13, 2015, beginning at 4 p.m. The ride is hosted by Indian Motorcycle to commemorate the launch of its newest motorcycle and the first industry 2016 model year, the Indian Chief Dark Horse, which will be unveiled the same day. The ride will be led by an armada of the new Indian Motorcycle Dark Horse bikes, giving ride participants a chance to be among the first in the country to see the bold swagger of the 2016 Indian Dark Horse.
“Dark Horse Challenge Ride” Details
– Riders can register to participate here starting today
– The ride is open to all riders (proper riding attire required)
– 3 p.m., February 13 – Riders meet-up at Cooper Technica, 400 North May St.
– 4 p.m. – Kickstands up
– 4:45 p.m. – Dark Horse Challenge Ride concludes at Kaiser Tiger, 1415 Randolph St.
– 4-7 p.m. – Exclusive Dark Horse Launch Party at Kaiser Tiger
– Participants receive exclusive patch and swag bag
– Non-participants can register for a chance to win an invite to the launch party by visiting Chicagoland’s Indian Motorcycle dealer, Indian Motorcycle of Chicago West.
“We know die-hard Chicagoland riders are itching to fire up their bikes, so we’re issuing a challenge for the toughest riders out there to come join us for an exhilarating ride down Michigan Avenue as we commemorate the debut of the toughest Indian Motorcycle on the market,” said Scott Meek, marketing director for Indian Motorcycle. “The Dark Horse is a bike that will separate its riders from the rest of the pack, and we think the Dark Horse Challenge will do the same.”
Formal Dark Horse Unveiling
Motorcycle enthusiasts are also invited to get up close and personal with the all-new Dark Horse by visiting Indian Motorcycle’s exhibit at the Progressive International Motorcycle Show in Chicago, which kicks off Friday, February 13, at 1 p.m. and runs through Sunday at 5 p.m. The new 2016 Indian Chief Dark Horse will be formally unveiled at 5:30 p.m. on Friday at the Indian Motorcycle display area, giving attendees a chance to experience the entire lineup of 2015 models, along with custom bikes, vintage bikes, all-new Indian Motorcycle apparel and accessories, and more.