Tired of the pandemic? Ready to get out and see the world? With vaccinations rolling out at a brisk pace, life should return to normal this summer. What better way to celebrate than a 14-day motorcycle tour in GREECE!
Rider Magazine has teamed up with Edelweiss Bike Travel for a special “Best of Greece” tour, October 10-23, 2021. Information about the tour is included below, and a special booking page is accessible HERE. Pricing starts at $7,190 per person.
And you can book without worry — if things change, you can rebook or get a refund. See the Edelweiss coronavirus policy for more information.
Ancient Greece is the cradle of our civilization, our culture and society. Countless words that we use every day are derived from Greek, such as car, cosmos, democracy, atmosphere, politics, telephone, anesthesia and panorama, to name just a few. The ancient Greeks not only influenced science, art and literature, they practically invented them.
Athens, the capital, is filled with history, monuments and memorials like no other city in the world. Except Rome maybe, but this is a different tour. On this tour here you will experience some of the great attractions of Greece, such as Delphi, Olympia and the Meteora monasteries. But also gems, that not every traveler will find, are on the program, such as the Pindos Mountains or the enchanting mountain village Vytina, where we will even spend two nights.
In the fourteen days you will get to know everything that defines real Greece: 3,000 years of culture, stunning nature, excellent food and extremely friendly people, not to mention the always beautiful weather and the wonderfully winding, mostly empty and always panoramic roads who really enjoy riding a motorcycle. And every time you sit in a kafenion and enjoy your espresso, you can look forward to being on tour in a paradise like Greece. If the ancient Greeks only knew …
- START/FINISH: Athens
- NEAREST AIRPORT: Athens
- DURATION: 14 days vacation, 12 riding days
- ROUTE: Total distance: 1,473-1,832 miles; Daily distances: 90-348 km, 56-216 miles
- REST DAYS: Metsovo, Vytina, Agios Stefanos
- HIGHLIGHTS: unique evidence of high Greek culture such as Delphi, Olympia or the amphitheater of Epidaurus, Athens with its inexhaustible culture and history, the dizzying Meteora monasteries built on high cliffs, the super bridge over the Gulf of Corinth, the beautiful island of Lefkada
- MINIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 6 (Please note paragraph 4.2. a) of our terms and conditions of travel to find out more about the cancellation of tour through Edelweiss Bike Travel when the minimum number of participants is not reached – Terms and Conditions)
- FOR MORE INFORMATION: Visit the “Best of Greece” tour page
- SPECIAL RIDER MAGAZINE TOUR BOOKING LINK: https://www.edelweissbike.com/ridermagazinegreece
- COVID-19 POLICY: https://www.edelweissbike.com/en/coronavirus
Read our past reviews of Edelweiss Bike Travel tours: