We review the 2023 KTM 890 Adventure, which has new styling and was made more off-road capable with revised suspension, new tires, updated electronics, and more. Overall, it’s a more capable, versatile, comfortable adventure bike.
Check out our video review:
Changes to the 2023 KTM 890 Adventure:
- Softer damping settings for the WP APEX suspension and new new finger-turn adjusters on the fork caps.
- Automatic selection of Offroad ABS in Offroad and (optional) Rally ride modes.
- New Demo mode, which allows a new owner to use and evaluate optional electronic upgrades for 1,500 km (932 miles) before paying for them. Options include Rally mode, Motor Slip Regulation, Quickshifter+, and cruise control, which can be purchased individually or all together as part of the Tech Pack ($549.99).
- Upgraded 5-inch TFT display with new graphics, a more intuitive menu system, and color-coded pictograms of the bike. An optional connectivity unit allows the bike to be paired to the KTMconnect app via Bluetooth, which enables Turn-by-Turn+ navigation as well as music and calling functions when connected to a helmet communicator.
- Revised bodywork with a more integrated front fairing that includes larger tank and side panels, as well as more load-bearing capacity for large GPS devices (there are USB and 12V outlets on the dash). The new windscreen is taller, has a steeper pitch, and includes a vertical lip at the top, as well as an opening in the center that reduces buffeting at high speed.
- A revised seat with an extra 0.4 inch of foam in the seat, which increases the height of the dual position seat by the same amount to 33.1/33.9 inches, but the seat has a narrower shape for similar stand-over height.
- New Pirelli Scorpion Rally STR tires, which have a roughly 70/30 on/off-road ratio compared to the 90/10 ADV tires on the previous model.
2023 KTM 890 Adventure Specs
- Base Price: $13,949
- Price as Tested: $14,499 (Tech Pack)
- Website: KTM.com
- Warranty: 2 yrs., 24,000 miles
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, transverse parallel-Twin, DOHC w/ 4 valves per cyl.
- Displacement: 889cc Bore x Stroke: 90.7 x 68.8mm
- Horsepower: 105 @ 8,000 rpm (factory claim)
- Torque: 74 lb-ft @ 6,500 rpm (factory claim)
- Transmission: 6-speed, cable-actuated slip/assist wet clutch
- Final Drive: X-ring chain
- Wheelbase: 59.4 in.
- Rake/Trail: 25.9 degrees/4.2 in.
- Seat Height: 33.1/33.9 in.
- Wet Weight: 474 lb (claimed)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.3 gal
- Fuel Consumption: 52.3 mpg (claimed)
- Helmet: Arai XD-4
- Jacket: Fly Racing Off Grid
- Gloves: Fly Racing Surveyor
- Pants: Fly Racing Terra Trek
- Boots: Fly Racing Milepost