Harley-Davidson will roll into the historic South Dakota Black Hills region with activities planned from August 6-13. Just a few of the activities making this Sturgis one of the best yet: daily concerts, parties, free demo rides on new 2016 Harley-Davidson motorcycles, H.O.G. member special events, Harley-Davidson sponsored AMA Pro Flat Track Racing, the do-not-miss Wall of Death and a new custom motorcycle show.
HARLEY-DAVIDSON RALLY POINT (Main Street and Harley-Davidson Way)
The Harley-Davidson Rally Point is a permanent, year-round space in Sturgis that features a stage for events and concerts and hosts a number of special events during the Sturgis Rally. Conveniently located in the heart of Sturgis, the Rally Point can also serve as a handy location for riders to rendezvous.
- Kick-off Party for the 76th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Friday, August 5, at 3 p.m.
- Mayor’s Ride featuring Grand Marshal Ben Bostrom, Monday, August 8. To register, visit the City of Sturgis’ website.
- Harley-Davidson Editor’s Choice Bike Show, Tuesday, August 9 – Registration at 8 a.m./Awards at 4 p.m.
- First ever Angel’s Ride, Friday, August 12 – The number of woman riders is on the rise in America, join us to celebrate. To register, visit the City of Sturgis’ website.
- MDA Raffle – Grand Prize Bike Drawing, August 13, at 4:15 p.m.
- Events and live music daily. View full Rally Point activities list
STURGIS COMMUNITY CENTER (Fourth and Lazelle Streets)
Freedom, attitude and V-twin engines invade the Sturgis Community Center as the home base for the bulk of Harley-Davidson activity. Inside and outside the Community Center, riders will see and experience the newest motorcycle customizations, sales and demonstrations of the latest MotorClothes merchandise, and the largest demo fleet in Sturgis offering free test rides on Harley-Davidson’s most powerful line-up of cruisers ever. All activities are August 6-13, from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Project RUSHMORE Experience: From Boom Audio and LED lighting to the 103 high-output engine, H-D’s Touring motorcycles need to be experienced first-hand to fully appreciate what Project RUSHMORE is all about. Be sure to check out this experience to get a behind-the-scenes look at our latest motorcycle technology and get educated on the enhanced features and benefits of Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycles.
- Free Motorcycle Demo Rides: The 2016 motorcycle line-up and demo ride experience includes models such as the new Road Glide Ultra, Forty-Eight, Iron 883 and Roadster, and the new S Series: the Low Rider S, Fat Boy S and Softail Slim S, plus a selection of customized models with H-D Genuine Motor Accessories. Staging for demo rides takes place in the parking lot behind the Community Center. A selection of helmets and jackets are available for demo rides.
- H-D1 Fit Shop and Genuine Motor Parts & Accessories: This interactive area includes everything needed to turn any Harley-Davidson motorcycle into a one-of-a-kind custom. Harley-Davidson fit consultants are on hand to help adjust any motorcycle for maximum comfort, control, style and confidence, no matter the riding style or body type. New this year will be a “Quick Install” area for 30-minutes-or-less installations of a selected few accessories for your motorcycle.
- Gear: A selection of new Genuine MotorClothes merchandise is available for demo and purchase on site, including Willie G. and H.O.G. Commemorative Merchandise.
- H.O.G. Members Only Hospitality: Pick up an exclusive H.O.G. Sturgis event pin and enjoy daily refreshments and snacks from 1-3 p.m.
- Bike Photos: Get a free professional photo taken of your Harley-Davidson bike to post on social media and an option to purchase the photo as a keepsake.
- Hollywood Harley Bikes: Get up close and personal with customized bikes from the movies Captain America and Avengers: Steve Rogers and the hero bike from FX’s Sons of AnarchyTV show. Located on a red carpet, this experience provides an opportunity to take a picture while sitting on the customized motorcycles that starred in these iconic entertainment properties.
- Harley-Davidson Museum: Inside the Community Center, the H-D Museum brings a slice of history and heritage to Sturgis with a display highlighting Harley-Davidson’s racing history, including vintage racing footage that gives a nod to its special summer exhibit, “Drag Racing: America’s Fast Time.” Three sit-on Harley-Davidson racing motorcycles also show riders how speed thrills. Located in Milwaukee, the Harley-Davidson Museum welcomes riders on their way to or from Sturgis.
- Weber Mobile Grill Academy: Stop by the Weber Mobile Grill Academy to talk to experts about all things grilling and see an array of Harley-Davidson branded gas, charcoal and electric grills as well as accessories.
- Wall of Death and UNKNOWN Industries: Motorcycle stunt shows featuring UNKNOWN Industries and the spectacular Wall of Death will be running throughout the week. Check the H-D event app for daily times.
AROUND TOWN: OTHER DO-NOT-MISS ACTIVITIES
- Be on the lookout for UFC President Dana White and his buddies as they film Dana’s new TV show “Lookin’ For A Fight,” and as they ride their Harley-Davidson motorcycles at the legendary rally.
- As a partner for the 76th Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, the Iron Horse Saloon will have daily giveaways (bandanas, shot glasses, etc.) and food and drink discounts for H.O.G. members.
- AMA Pro Flat Track Racing at the Black Hills Speedway Half-Mile: Flat track motorcycle racing, the original American action sport, invades the challenging Black Hills Speedway half-mile on Tuesday night, August 9. See two AMA Pro classes in action, including the premier Harley-Davidson GNC1 series, featuring the H-D Factory Flat Track and Wrecking Crew riders Brad Baker, Davis Fisher, Jake Johnson and Kenny Coolbeth battling a field of top competitors in fierce handlebar-to-handlebar racing action.