SANTA MONICA, Calif.– Today, the nation’s leading consumer motorcycle tour, Progressive IMS Outdoors, revealed an exciting array of attractions attendees can look forward to interacting with across the nine-stop tour kicking off next month in Sonoma, California. Designed to provide immersive, hands-on experiences for enthusiasts of all ages and abilities, each stop will host a number of returning fan-favorite attractions, including the Discover The Ride program, IMS Vintage, Adventure Out!, J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show, and more, as well as two and four-wheel demos from a number of exhibiting brands. Tickets for each stop can be purchased now at motorcycleshows.com.
“After over a year apart, we are so excited to be bringing the Powersports community back together,” said Tracy Harris, SVP, IMS Outdoors. “Our goal is to showcase the diverse lifestyles and offerings across the Powersports industry in fun and inviting atmospheres. With our Tour’s new outdoor format, we are thrilled to be able to bring more opportunities than ever to allow our attendees to truly interact with the products and sport, not matter one’s age or skill level.”
Discover The Ride
Designed to introduce riding motorcycles to consumers of all ages, the returning Discover The Ride initiative will provide a variety of interactions for attendees to learn and grow their riding skills in safe and controlled environments. In partnership with Zero Motorcycles, the New Rider Course allows non-licensed motorcyclists to experience, first-hand, the thrill of two-wheels on speed-limited electric Zero Motorcycles and learn riding basics from Motorcycle Safety Foundation (MSF) instructors.
New this year to Discover The Ride is the introduction of Strider in the Kids Zone and IMS’ partnership with All Kids Bike, opening the world of two wheels to enthusiasts as young as two years old.
Adjacent to Discover The Ride is the Motorcycle Industry Council’s (MIC) Ride With Us Moto Intro experience. The Moto Intro gives non-riders a chance to experience the thrill of their first ride within 45 minutes. MSF RiderCoaches will guide new riders through basic motorcycle controls and help them experience their first ride in a closed-course environment. Furthermore, at select events indicated below, Harley-Davidson’s Invitation To Ride program will also be extending a hand to prospective riders, delivering the opportunity to experience the basics of riding on a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.
· Texas: Texas Motor Speedway (Fort Worth, TX – October 1-3)
· Nashville: James E. Ward Agriculture Center (Lebanon, TN – October 8-10)
· Central Florida: SUN n’ FUN Campus (Lakeland, FL – October 15-17)
There will be ample opportunities along each Tour stop to hop on and ride both gas-powered and electric motorcycles and bicycles from brands including FLX, Harley-Davidson, Indian, Kawasaki, Pedego Santa Rosa, Pushpak Motors,Rayvolt, Royal Enfield, Suzuki, Tern Bicycles, Yamaha, and Zero. More information on Street Demo Rides can be found here, and Electric Bike Demo Rides can be found here.
At select events on the Tour, Kawasaki and Yamaha will also offer Side by Side demos:
· Northern California: Sonoma Raceway (Sonoma, CA – July 16-18)
· Chicago: Goebbert’s Farm (Pingree Grove, IL – August 20-22)
· Pennsylvania: Carlisle Fairgrounds (Carlisle, PA – September 10-12)
· Atlanta: Georgia International Horse Park (Conyers, GA – October 29-31)
· Southern California: Venue and Date TBA
Returning this year will be a number of fan-favorite attractions, including:
· Adventure Out!: a space to shop, prepare for the next trek or tour and learn about incorporating adventure and travel into a motorcycling lifestyle – now also including RVing. A central campsite, surrounded by exhibitors, acts as a place for education and discovery, with experienced riders and RVers sharing their stories and tips. While there, attendees can enter Explorify’s Adventure Out! sweepstakes for a chance to win a South Africa Tour and a lifetime subscription to Rider Magazine or a free three-day motorcycle rental and pick up a copy of Rider Magazine, your source for touring, travel, and adventure on two-wheels.
· IMS Vintage: An IMS staple, Vintage will be returning to each market, enabling attendees to get up close and personal with the very best classic and retro-style motorcycles from vintage bike clubs across the country.
· J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show: The nation’s largest motorcycle builder competition, the J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show will feature hundreds of motorcycles and tens of thousands in cash and prizes across the Tour. Professional and amateur builders are invited to compete at their local Progressive IMS Outdoors for cash, prizes, and recognition.
Shopping at IMS
Across the Tour, there will additionally be ample opportunities to explore brands and make purchases in the following areas:
· Charged at IMS: Charged at IMS introduces visitors to the world of electric-powered “micro-mobility” vehicles with brand exhibits and an electric bicycle demo course or trail.
· SHIFT at IMS: This curated, lifestyle-orientated space is for riders seeking new and known brands that emulate their lifestyles and values. A lounge sits at the center of this space, giving visitors a chance to socialize and chill while they shop.
· The Marketplace: The Marketplace is an interactive retail space allowing you to touch, test, and buy the latest gear, parts, and accessories from key aftermarket brands. Specialists will be on hand to educate, introduce products, answer questions and help you finalize your purchase.
· The Shop: This is a one-stop shop for buyers looking to work on their vehicles and make updates to their rides. Visit The Shop to purchase parts, tools, and accessories. See the event homepage for participating brands.
· The Range: At the heart of IMS Outdoors lies The Range, a place for attendees to explore and shop brands to outfit them head to toe with gear, apparel, and accessories, plus connect with clubs and services to enhance their riding lifestyle. See the event homepage for participating brands.
Across the nine stops of the Tour, each event will project a different tone in line with the region’s lifestyle and culture, including aspects such as music and food. Furthermore, attendees of the first event in Northern California will have the opportunity to ride the Sonoma Raceway track or ChampStreet course with the Yamaha Champions Riding School.
Onsite, there will be Progressive Gear Check at every event and free motorcycle and car parking, except in New York City.
Connect with IMS (#RidersUnite and #imsoutdoors):
About Progressive IMS Outdoors (motorcycleshows.com)
Progressive IMS Outdoors is an evolution of the Progressive® International Motorcycle Shows® tour’s nearly 40-year stint that not only transitions IMS from the traditional convention center setup to a new open outdoor experience but will also create a festival-like atmosphere that promotes enthusiasts of all ages and levels to come together to better engage with products, each other, and the industry. While continuing its presence as the nation’s largest consumer motorcycle tour, Progressive IMS Outdoors will support the growth of the powersports community by offering a unique experience the industry has yet to see. IMS Outdoors is organized by Informa Markets, a division within Informa PLC, a leading B2B information services group and the largest B2B Events organizer in the world. To learn more and for the latest news and information, visit www.informa.com.