We review the 2023 Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition, a more off-road and touring ready variant of the Husqvarna Norden 901 adventure bike that was introduced last year.
The Norden 901 Expedition features up-spec WP Xplor suspension (the standard model has WP Apex suspension), a 36-liter-capacity set of side bags, and a windscreen. Several optional features and accessories for the Norden are standard on the Expedition, including the Explorer ride mode, a beefier skid plate, heated grips and seat, a centerstand, and Bluetooth connectivity for infotainment and navigation. It’s priced at $15,799, a $1,300 premium over the Norden 901.
We spent two days flogging the 2023 Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition on- and off-road in South Africa at the global press launch. Check out the video for our impressions, and read our First Ride Review here.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901 Expedition Specs
- Base Price: $15,799
- Website: Husqvarna-Motorcycles.com
- Warranty: 2 yrs., 24,000 miles
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, transverse parallel-Twin, DOHC w/ 4 valves per cyl.
- Displacement: 889cc
- Bore x Stroke: 90.7 x 68.8mm
- Horsepower: 105 hp @ 8,000 rpm (factory claim)
- Torque: 73.8 lb-ft @ 6,500 rpm (factory claim)
- Transmission: 6-speed, cable-actuated slip/assist wet clutch
- Final Drive: X-ring chain
- Wheelbase: 59.5 in. ± 0.6 in.
- Rake/Trail: 25.8 degrees/4.2 in.
- Seat Height: 33.6/34.4 in.
- Wet Weight: 503 lb (claimed)
- Fuel Capacity: 5.0 gal.
- Fuel Consumption: 52.3 mpg (claimed)
- Helmet: Arai XD-4
- Jacket: Alpinestars Bogota Pro Drystar
- Gloves: Alpinestars Bogota Drystar XF
- Pants: Alpinestars Bogota Pro Drystar
- Boots: Sidi Adventure 2 Gore-Tex