Harley-Davidson is kicking off the 74th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in the Black Hills of South Dakota (Aug. 2-9, 2014) with a full arsenal of activities and events for motorcycle enthusiasts.
With activities, rides and demos scheduled throughout the week, Harley-Davidson created a free mobile app to help attendees navigate all the action. Harley-Davidson will also showcase Project LiveWire, Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle, along with its brand-new Street 750 motorcycle.
“This year’s Sturgis Rally is set to be the biggest one yet,” said Kris Schoonover, Manager of Event Strategy and Execution at Harley-Davidson. “We’ve got a packed schedule of events and entertainment all week long. We’re confident our fans won’t be disappointed.”
To help navigate the full week of Harley-Davidson activities, attendees can download the new free H-D mobile Sturgis event app. The app features the complete Harley-DavidsonSturgis event schedule, maps, H.O.G. experiences, a dealer locator, plus optional push notification updates with the latest info riders need to get the most out of Sturgis. Fans can search H-D Events Sturgis on iTunes or GooglePlay to download the app, and use #sturgis to share their experiences.
Harley-Davidson will be present at two different event locations during the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally—Black Hills Harley-Davidson (I-90 Exit 55, north of Rapid City) and 3rd & Lazelle Street (Downtown Sturgis)—where fans can enjoy a variety of free activities and entertainment, including:
Black Hills Harley-Davidson (I-90 Exit 55, north of Rapid City):
- Demo and purchase the latest and greatest Harley-Davidson motorcycles and MotorClothes.
- Free Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Test Rides. Demo registration will close at 4 p.m. daily.
- H-D1 Fit Shop – Come experience the feel of a more comfortable, safer ride and find the perfect seat and handlebar combination.
- Project LiveWire – Harley Davidson’s first electric motorcycle will be on display.
3rd & Lazelle Street (Downtown Sturgis):
- Project LiveWire – Feel the power of Project LiveWire – Harley-Davidson’s first electric motorcycle – on JumpStart, a simulated riding experience.
- New Motorcycle Stunt Show – Experience the thrilling stunt show three times daily (10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.) produced by Ill Conduct Team.
- Weber Mobile Grill Academy – Get a first-hand look at Weber grills and accessories. Weber Experts will be there to answer any questions you may have about grills, grilling techniques, recipes, and all things grilling!
- Craftsman Garage Station – Hang out at the Craftsman Garage and check out a variety of products perfect for anyone’s “man cave.”
- Genuine Harley-Davidson Parts & Accessories Display – Check out the latest Harley models equipped with the full line of custom Parts & Accessories.
- H.O.G. 31st Global Lounge – Enjoy the unique historical and educational displays as well as live entertainment and complimentary samples of new H-D Road House Meats and beer samples.
- Muscular Dystrophy Association (MDA) – Support the cause with the purchase of a pin and enter to win a black 2014 Street Glide!
- Willie G. and H.O.G. Commemorative Merchandise.
- Women’s Area – Rebel One hosts the JUMPSTART Rider Experience and Bike Lift Seminars on how to properly lift a dropped motorcycle. Enter the sweepstakes to win a FREE Riding Academy course or Rental.
- Free Bike Wash from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Just bring a dirty bike and a little elbow grease.
For a complete listing of Harley-Davidson events at the 2014 Sturgis Rally, download the new mobile app or visit h-d.com/sturgis.